‘I can only apologise. It was my mistake’ - Frustrated Daniel Farke takes the rap in Bolton stalemate
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke admitted frustration got the better of him after the first dismissal of his coaching career capped a drab 0-0 Championship draw against Bolton at Carrow Road.
Farke was sent from the home technical area in stoppage time for kicking the ball away when Bolton were awarded a throw-in the German head coach felt should have been gone to the hosts.
City missed a stack of first half chances in labouring to a fourth consecutive league draw.
Farke, however, is not expecting any further punishment for his run-in with referee Stroud.
'Yes, it was probably a sending off and that is the first time in my career,' he said. 'I am not a lawyer. I don't think about the rules. I am a coach for 11 years and one bad touch after 96 minutes is punished.
You may also want to watch:
'Even when players put the ball away they do not always get a yellow card.
'I don't think it was so bad that I have to be banned for one game but I am not an expert of the rules. It was my mistake. It won't happen again.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
'The ref came and said, 'Daniel, I can totally understand the frustration but if the linesman gives this decision I have to go with him. Your touch was not good.'
'I got the feeling I was very involved in this game. About seven or eight times when Bolton kicked the ball over the line I had to get the ball.
'Normally my technique was very good but in that moment it was not good enough. The first touch was a little bit too tough. The ball went back on the pitch. I can only apologise. It was my mistake.
'Listen, I got the feeling Bolton were wasting time in so many situations. Every free kick we had they were putting the ball away and no-one spoke to them about this topic.
'We get a throw in the 95th minute or whatever and the linesman, who is 30 yards away, was able to watch that Moritz Leitner was standing with his foot over the line.
'He waves his flag and wants to give the opponent the throw in. It was frustrating that for me he can see that from so far. But I only apologise for my technique.'