James Maddison needs help from his Norwich City pals
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
James Maddison's stunning season may be catching up with him at Norwich City.
The highly-rated midfielder leads the way with goals and assists at Carrow Road, but was off the pace during a losing Easter run against Fulham and QPR.
Maddison was named in the Championship team-of-the-season and shorlisted for young player-of-the-year earlier this week, and will be a key figure as City aim to bounce back against Aston Villa on Saturday.
The 21-year-old was also involved for England's Under-21s over the last international break and City's head coach admits the Norwich starlet has had to carry a heavy burden.
'There has been so much load on him this season and now also with playing internationals,' said Farke.
You may also want to watch:
'James had a bad day (at QPR), many tactical mistakes, but I don't want to accuse him because he has been outstanding this season.
'Sometimes you can have a bad performance.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 4 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 5 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 6 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 7 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 8 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 9 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 10 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
'Aston Villa is a good team and we know it won't be easy, but at least you have to be there and do the basics right. You can lose a game at any time in football but it is also important you struggle and you fight.
'We know we have some problems with players injured. When you are there with such a poor result you have to show a reaction, 100pc, especially in the duels.
'You have to be awake, you can speak about it to the lads but it is up to the players to show a better behaviour in that part of the game.
'We will focus and concentrate on it during this training week but it is then for the players.'