James Maddison needs help from his Norwich City pals
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
James Maddison's stunning season may be catching up with him at Norwich City.
The highly-rated midfielder leads the way with goals and assists at Carrow Road, but was off the pace during a losing Easter run against Fulham and QPR.
Maddison was named in the Championship team-of-the-season and shorlisted for young player-of-the-year earlier this week, and will be a key figure as City aim to bounce back against Aston Villa on Saturday.
The 21-year-old was also involved for England's Under-21s over the last international break and City's head coach admits the Norwich starlet has had to carry a heavy burden.
'There has been so much load on him this season and now also with playing internationals,' said Farke.
You may also want to watch:
'James had a bad day (at QPR), many tactical mistakes, but I don't want to accuse him because he has been outstanding this season.
'Sometimes you can have a bad performance.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 8 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 9 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 10 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
'Aston Villa is a good team and we know it won't be easy, but at least you have to be there and do the basics right. You can lose a game at any time in football but it is also important you struggle and you fight.
'We know we have some problems with players injured. When you are there with such a poor result you have to show a reaction, 100pc, especially in the duels.
'You have to be awake, you can speak about it to the lads but it is up to the players to show a better behaviour in that part of the game.
'We will focus and concentrate on it during this training week but it is then for the players.'