‘10 unbeaten, still on a roll’ – Canaries fans satisfied with hard earned draw at Bristol City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Top spot in the Championship table may have slipped away but Norwich City fans were still full of praise for the efforts of the Canaries players to fight back and earn a 2-2 draw at Bristol City.
Marco Stiepermann's fine 20-yard curling opener had put the visitors ahead after two excellent Tim Krul saves had kept the Robins at bay in the first half, before Famara Diedhiou fired the hosts level on the cusp of half-time.
Bristol then took control and the lead early in the second half, thanks to Callum O'Dowda lashing a shot in off the underside of the crossbar.
However, Max Aarons headed in a cross from substitute Onel Hernandez in the 78th minute to grab a point, with the 18-year-old scoring his second goal in three games.
With Leeds having won 1-0 at Bolton earlier in the day, the point wasn't enough to reclaim top spot in the Championship table but it did keep Daniel Farke's team five points clear of third-placed West Brom and unbeaten in 10 league games.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 6 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 7 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 8 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release
- 9 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 10 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch