‘Brilliant few weeks from the manager, players and fans’ – Canaries revel in good form with Wigan win
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans react to their side's fifth successive win in all competitions, as the Canaries break into the Championship top six with victory over Wigan Athletic at Carrow Road.
Substitute Mario Vrancic's late penalty proved enough to end Wigan's run of two successive victories and it perhaps should have been easier for the Canaries, on sheer weight of chances – especially in the second half.
Wigan themselves – led by former City player Paul Cook – failed to muster a single shot on target in the 90 minutes.
The win lifted City into fifth in the Championship table with 10 games gone – along with their first positive goal difference since Daniel Farke took change in the summer of 2017.
City are back on the road come Wednesday as they head to Frank Lampard's Derby County, before Stoke come to Carrow Road three days later to signal the second international break of the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 10 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail