‘The spirit and belief in this team is unreal!’ – Canaries fans elated after Forest thriller
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Yet another unforgettable injury-time moment at Carrow Road has kept spirits flying high among the Norwich City faithful, following today's bizarre and brilliant 3-3 draw with Nottingham Forest.
The Canaries roared back from 3-0 down after a match packed with controversy which saw them thwarted by a superb display from visiting goalkeeper Costel Pantilimon.
Mario Vrancic began the comeback in the 78th minute before substitute Onel Hernandez moved centre stage with two goals deep into injury-time, the first in the fourth and the equaliser in the eighth of a remarkable finish to proceedings.
The point extended the unbeaten run of Daniel Farke's team to 12 matches, just, and keeps them second in the Championship table – after Leeds managed an even more dramatic climax.
Kemar Roofe scored twice in injury-time at Elland Road but his double earned a 3-2 win over Blackburn for the leaders, moving them three points clear at the summit.
West Brom are now just three points behind Norwich in third place as well, following a 2-0 home win over Wigan.
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 3 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 4 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 5 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 6 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 7 Norfolk worst area in UK for uninsured and untaxed drivers
- 8 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 10 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston