‘The spirit and belief in this team is unreal!’ – Canaries fans elated after Forest thriller
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Yet another unforgettable injury-time moment at Carrow Road has kept spirits flying high among the Norwich City faithful, following today's bizarre and brilliant 3-3 draw with Nottingham Forest.
The Canaries roared back from 3-0 down after a match packed with controversy which saw them thwarted by a superb display from visiting goalkeeper Costel Pantilimon.
Mario Vrancic began the comeback in the 78th minute before substitute Onel Hernandez moved centre stage with two goals deep into injury-time, the first in the fourth and the equaliser in the eighth of a remarkable finish to proceedings.
The point extended the unbeaten run of Daniel Farke's team to 12 matches, just, and keeps them second in the Championship table – after Leeds managed an even more dramatic climax.
Kemar Roofe scored twice in injury-time at Elland Road but his double earned a 3-2 win over Blackburn for the leaders, moving them three points clear at the summit.
You may also want to watch:
West Brom are now just three points behind Norwich in third place as well, following a 2-0 home win over Wigan.
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 4 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 5 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 9 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 10 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement