Pull your finger out warns furious Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Steve Bruce warned his Aston Villa squad to buck their ideas up or risk blowing a shot at Championship promotion.
The Villans' lacklustre offering at Carrow Road sparked a furious reaction from the former Norwich City defender.
'Over the last month we have only taken four points from five games,' he said. 'That is not promotion form.
'It is not even play-off form. There is the disappointment. We have not performed when we really needed to.
'The disappointing thing is we gave ourselves a wonderful chance through performances during the season and the last three of four games we have been found wanting. What that is down to, I don't know.
'I didn't think there was any zip to us at all from the first whistle.
'I thought Norwich were the same in the first-half. I thought they were just as lacklustre. The kid scores a great goal.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
The first was a great strike but the other two were bad goals to let in. It's not like us.
But there's times in a football match where you really need to dig in when things aren't going for you.
I didn't see enough of that if I'm being honest.'