New deal for Norwich City defender
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
Highly-rated defender Max Aarons has signed his first professional contract with Norwich City.
The 18-year-old full-back has agreed a deal to keep him at Carrow Road until 2021 after impressing at development level last season.
'A first big professional deal is what I've been working towards since I joined the club,' said Aarons, who has been with City since joining from Luton Town in 2016.
'I'm really glad that it has come at this time. The season went really well and especially towards the end of the season to be captain as well, it was really special.
'This is the next step and I'm looking forward to testing myself at the next level.'
You may also want to watch:
Aarons, who was part of Norwich's FA Youth squad last season in the club's run to the quarter-finals, aims to try and catch Daniel Farke's eye on the pre-season tour to Germany.
'It's been nice to have a little break over the past month or so but I'm really looking forward to getting back into the swing of things,' he said, speaking to the official site.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
'I can't wait to get back into pre-season. Flying out to Germany is something I'm looking forward to so hopefully we can have a really good pre-season.
'It's down to me to impress in pre-season and the main aim for me is to push towards the first-team and hopefully I can do that.'