Daniel Farke hails Norwich City’s fighting spirit in 0-0 Preston stalemate
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke's glass was firmly half full after Norwich City scrapped to a 0-0 Championship draw at Alex Neil's play-off chasing Preston.
The Canaries ground out a clean sheet at Deepdale but were unable to add the attacking flourish to pick up another away win.
'Overall, pretty pleased,' he said. 'We wanted to focus on our defensive behaviour because I got the feeling in recent weeks we were struggling a bit in this area.
'To get a clean sheet when we faced a side who were prepared to give their lives for a late push into the play-offs. Preston as a club maybe one time in 10 or 15 years has this chance to get promotion to the Premier League.
'You could feel this.
You may also want to watch:
'The team invested everything but we were strong as well.
'I was totally pleased with our togetherness and commitment.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
'We don't play for promotion or relegation and it felt a bit like playing in the desert with the heat. In this atmosphere with lots of intensity and aggressiveness to show a clinical edge defensively was so pleasing.
'You see the scene at the end, we have Josh Murphy at the far post making a block, such an important tackle. We showed everything up to the final whistle.
'It was not so easy against a strong Preston side who defend so well. We had several chances in the first half. I had the feeling we could create some more on the counter.
'Onel Hernandez had a one-versus-one and Timm Klose had a strike from eight metres and I was already celebrating the goal.
'You are never totally satisfied but to be there with a clean sheet is a good draw for us.'