PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Championship game against Coventry City - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
Farke confirmed Tim Krul is out for three weeks after his first half departure in Tuesday's 3-2 win at Stoke City with a thigh muscle issue.
Teemu Pukki (hamstring) is also ruled out this weekend and a doubt for Luton next week after his second half departure in the Potteries. Marco Stiepermann (head) is available after his second half exit at Stoke but Emi Buendia is suspended after his midweek sending off.
Kenny McLean (knee), Todd Cantwell (hip) and Jordan Hugill (shoulder) are out for the next few weeks, with McLean and Hugill hoping to avoid a longer term absence.
Xavi Quintilla (hip) remains sidelined, with Farke unwilling to provide a timeline on his potential return.
You may also want to watch:
Onel Hernandez (adductor), Kieran Dowell (ankle), Sam Byram (hamstring), Adam Idah (knee) and Bali Mumba (knee) are not expected to be in contention until early in the new year.
Moritz Leitner is not part of the plans for the new season. Josip Drmic is unavailable in the short term as he undergoes a period of quarantine after treatment on an injury in Switzerland. Farke hinted he might come back into his thoughts if he is without his frontline strikers in two to three weeks.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 10 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the key points in the window above, with full reaction and build up to City’s Championship game against the Sky Blues throughout the day on pinkun.com