Norwich City v Bristol City pre-match press conference: Updates from Colney
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke held his pre-match press conference on Friday afternoon ahead of the Championship home game against Bristol City - and our correspondents had all the headline news from Colney.
Farke confirmed Russell Martin and Steven Naismith will again miss out against the Robins after being unavailable for the midweek League Cup win at Brentford. Martin has just returned to training after undergoing a course of injections for nutritional requirements. Naismith has not trained this week with an abductor problem.
'Russell is available but he won't be in the squad. He wasn't able to train for three and a half days this week. He had his first session today but it's too soon for him to return,' said Farke. 'There is no chance for Steven Naismith. He hasn't been able to train for five days and is still having problems with his groin. He was in rehab today and will have a scan in the coming days.'
James Maddison did train with the rest of his team mates for the first time on Friday after suffering some calf problems but should be in contention for the matchday squad. Grant Hanley is also back in the mix afte being cup-tied for Griffin Park.
'We thought James would be available (for Brentford) but he had some problems with his calves so he didn't travel,' said the City chief. 'He was in rehab for two days and trained today. It may be too early for the starting eleven but he should be okay.'
You may also want to watch:
Nelson Oliveira again misses out with a groin injury. Farke rates him as an outside chance to return for the trip to Middlesbrough next Tuesday.
'Nelson was improved today,' said Farke. 'He won't be available for tomorrow but we will see day-to-day how it develops. It could be too early for Middlesbrough but there is a small chance.'
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash
Alex Pritchard, Jamal Lewis, Louis Thompson and Matt Jarvis remain longer term injury absentees.
• Re-live the main lines from the press conference via the window.