KEY DATES: The fixtures that matter for Norwich City’s 2018/19 Championship season
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City will travel to Birmingham City on the opening weekend of the Championship season - and there is an early East Anglian derby tussle to look forward to.
Daniel Farke's squad begin and finish their league campaign in the Midlands, with a trip to St Andrews on Saturday August 4 and a final day visit to the Blues' rivals, Aston Villa, on Sunday May 5.
City will get an early chance to maintain their derby dominance over Ipswich Town, under new manager Paul Hurst, when they are scheduled to visit Portman Road on September 1. The return in Norfolk is February 9.
Norwich have two Christmas home fixtures, with Nottingham Forest due at Carrow Road on Boxing Day and Derby County three days later, before a New Year's Day trip to Brentford.
Check out the key dates below.
• Derby Duels
- 1 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
- 2 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 3 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 6 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 7 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 8 Brother and sister found dead in home were grieving beloved father
- 9 Police catch over 20 drivers speeding in 45 minutes near fatal crash site
- 10 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
Ipswich Town (a) Sept 1
Ipswich Town (h) Feb 9
• First Five
Birmingham (a) Aug 4
West Brom (h) Aug 11
Sheffield United (a) Aug 18
Preston (h) Aug 22
Leeds United (h) Aug 25
• Last Five
Wigan (a) Apr 13
Sheffield Wednesday (h) Apr 19
Stoke City (a) Apr 22
Blackburn Rovers (h) Apr 27
Aston Villa (a) May 5
• Happy Holidays
Blackburn Rovers (a) Dec 22
Nottingham Forest (h) Dec 26
Derby County (h) Dec 29
Brentford (a) Jan 1
* All Fixtures subject to change