KEY DATES: The fixtures that matter for Norwich City’s 2018/19 Championship season
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City will travel to Birmingham City on the opening weekend of the Championship season - and there is an early East Anglian derby tussle to look forward to.
Daniel Farke's squad begin and finish their league campaign in the Midlands, with a trip to St Andrews on Saturday August 4 and a final day visit to the Blues' rivals, Aston Villa, on Sunday May 5.
City will get an early chance to maintain their derby dominance over Ipswich Town, under new manager Paul Hurst, when they are scheduled to visit Portman Road on September 1. The return in Norfolk is February 9.
Norwich have two Christmas home fixtures, with Nottingham Forest due at Carrow Road on Boxing Day and Derby County three days later, before a New Year's Day trip to Brentford.
Check out the key dates below.
You may also want to watch:
• Derby Duels
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 6 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
Ipswich Town (a) Sept 1
Ipswich Town (h) Feb 9
• First Five
Birmingham (a) Aug 4
West Brom (h) Aug 11
Sheffield United (a) Aug 18
Preston (h) Aug 22
Leeds United (h) Aug 25
• Last Five
Wigan (a) Apr 13
Sheffield Wednesday (h) Apr 19
Stoke City (a) Apr 22
Blackburn Rovers (h) Apr 27
Aston Villa (a) May 5
• Happy Holidays
Blackburn Rovers (a) Dec 22
Nottingham Forest (h) Dec 26
Derby County (h) Dec 29
Brentford (a) Jan 1
* All Fixtures subject to change