Carabao Cup first round draw: Norwich City v Stevenage
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City will host Stevenage in the League Cup first round in mid-August.
City were ball number 22 in the southern section of the draw, which took place in Vietman's Ho Chi Minh City on Friday morning (UK time), with matches scheduled to take place in the week commencing August 13.
The Canaries travelled to Stevenage last summer for a pre-season friendly. Boro finished 16th in League Two last season. The Canaries could have drawn bitter rivals Ipswich in the regional unseeded draw, but new Town chief Paul Hurst will take his squad to fellow League Two side Exeter City.
Daniel Farke's side pushed Arsenal all the way in last season's competition before missing out on a place in the quarter-finals with a 2-1 extra-time defeat at the Emirates.
New rule changes have also been introduced for this year. If scores are level after 90 minutes there will be no extra-time, with matches going straight to penalties, although the final will feature extra time and penalties if required.
You may also want to watch:
The penalty shoot out order reverts to the traditional format, as opposed to the recently trialled ABBA formula.
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 7 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 10 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat