Cambridge United boss talks down Norwich City’s link with Caulson
Martin Ling has been doing the 'quashing speculation' talk on behalf of Norwich City after Paul Lambert was reported to be interested in his one of his Cambridge United players.
The City boss was linked with Us 21-year-old defender Josh Caulson – but his counterpart at the Abbey Stadium says there is nothing in it.
'Nobody from Norwich has been at our recent games,' said Ling.
'If I was a Norwich scout wanting Josh Coulson then I'd be at every game.
'I think it's just a case of people putting two and two together and coming up with five.'
United are losing money because of dwindling attendances, but Ling is not forecasting an exodus when the transfer window opens, even though Coulson, Robbie Willmott and Simon Russell are being eyed by a number of rival clubs.
'I've not spoken to anyone from any other club about any of our players,' said Ling. 'There's nothing on the table.'
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 6 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 10 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
Coulson is the latest in a long line of players being linked with a transfer window move to Carrow Road – not unusual at this time of the year – but while Lambert admits he has given the board the names of three players he wants to bring in to strengthen a Championship promotion challenge, it would appear unlikely that he would be looking in non-league circles.