Cambridge United 1, Norwich City XI 0
A mainly youthful Norwich City line-up lost to an early goal from Adam Cunnington at the Abbey Stadium last night.
Cunnington beat City keeper Carlo Nash with a rocket of a shot in only the second minute, and even the presence of new signing Gary Hooper, for the first half, and Wes Hoolahan, for the first hour, could not help them wipe out the deficit.
City's team mainly consisted of under-21s. But they had plenty of chances themselves with home goalkeeper Chris Maxwell making a series of good saves, one of them in the last minute from Josh Murphy.
The Canaries, watched by 328 members of their Yellow Army in a crowd of 2,636, played in their new white away strip.
• Cambridge United: Maxwell, Taylor, Bonner, Miller, Donaldson, Champion, Cunnington, Tait, Austin, Berry, Arnold. Subs: Coulson, McAuley, Norris, Pugh, Hughes, Sam-Yorke, Allen.
You may also want to watch:
• Norwich City: Nash, McNeill, Toffolo, Fox, Ayala, Gafaiti, Hoolahan, Butterfield, Hooper, Jacob Murphy, Josh Murphy. Subs: Matthews, Barker, Hodd, Hall-Johnson, Loza, Ajayi.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder