Brondby return for former Norwich City loanee Johan Elmander
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Former Norwich City loanee Johan Elmander has signed for Danish club Brondby after being released by Galatasaray.
The Swedish international striker scored three goals in 34 appearances in all competitions for the Canaries last season during his season-long loan, but just one of those was in the Premier League.
The 34-year-old former Bolton Wanderers and Toulouse player has rejoined Brondby, who he scored 29 goals for in 81 matches between 2006 and 2008, helping to win a league and cup double in 2005 and being named player of the season.
Elmander has signed a two-year deal with the Copenhagen club, much to the delight of sporting director Per Rud.
'(Johan) is undoubtedly a player from the top shelf,' Rud said, speaking to Brondby's official website. 'Besides having an amazing history with Brondby, Johan Elmander is still an incredibly talented footballer.
You may also want to watch:
'He starred last season in 28 appearances for Norwich in the Premier League, and in the seasons before he has played more than 50 matches for Galatasaray. This does not happen without being physically fit and having a very high energy while playing level.
'In our conversations with Elmander, he has shown great desire to be a part of our project, and we expect that, in addition to raising our team, (he) will have a major impact on building the winning culture of the club and the development of our many young players.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 10 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
'Similar to Thomas Kahlenberg we (see) Elmander as a carrier of culture at the club. With his vast experience, he will be invaluable for our young squad and the talents that are waiting.'