Blow for Liverpool ahead of Norwich clash as Henderson ruled out with broken foot
- Credit: PA
Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson has broken his foot in training and is likely to be out for up to eight weeks.
The 25-year-old England international suffered the injury to his right foot on Friday and is expected to undergo surgery on Monday, which will keep him sidelined for the next two months.
Henderson sustained the injury in one of his first sessions back in action after he had returned from the US earlier in the week following treatment on a heel injury. The two injuries are believed to be unrelated - the heel injury was on the other foot to the one broken in training.
He was in contention for Sunday's game with Norwich. The games he will miss include Everton on October 4 and Chelsea on October 31.
Henderson, who has featured just twice for Liverpool this season, is also unlikely to feature in England's final Euro 2016 qualifiers against Estonia and Lithuania, and November's friendlies with Spain and France.
You may also want to watch:
•Follow live coverage of Norwich's game against Liverpool on this site on Sunday afternoon
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 4 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 5 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 6 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 7 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 8 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 9 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 10 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in