Birmingham City goalkeeping coach Dave Watson joins Norwich City
Norwich City have confirmed the arrival of current England goalkeeping coach Dave Watson to Chris Hughton's backroom staff at Carrow Road.
Watson arrives from Birmingham City with a wealth of experience and reunites with new City boss Chris Hughton, Colin Calderwood and Paul Trollope after a successful stint together with the Blues last season.
Norwich City have agreed a compensation deal with Birmingham for Watson's services and he will arrive at Colney for the start of pre-season training next week.
The former Barnsley goalkeeper joined Alex McLeish's Blues in January 2008 from Nottingham Forest coaching the likes of Joe Hart and Ben Foster.
Former England Under-21 international Watson was brought in by Roy Hodgson in May to work with Ray Clemence during the European Championship finals.
He has just returned from Euro 2012 coaching duty with England. Whether he continues his role with Roy Hodgson and the national team remains to be seen.
Watson said: 'I'm eternally grateful to Birmingham City for giving me the opportunity to come to the club four and a half years ago and I will leave with plenty of good memories.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 4 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 5 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 6 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 7 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 8 Here's when parents can get complimentary tickets to BeWILDerwood
- 9 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 10 Behind the scenes at Britain's most dilapidated hospital
'Having worked in the Premier League previously and having been involved with the England set-up during the summer, I knew that the opportunity to work in the top flight again was something that I just couldn't turn down.
'Norwich is a fantastic club and everyone sold it to me very easily. We've got a one-year-old son so the city and the area appeals to me and the chance to work in the Premier League for such a good club obviously.
'Through my time with England I've already worked with John Ruddy and Jed Steer and I know a lot about Declan Rudd by reputation, so I can't wait to start working with them.'
City manager Chris Hughton said: 'I'm delighted to have brought Dave here to the football club. He's someone I was aware of before I joined Birmingham and having had the opportunity to work with him last year it was no surprise to me that England wanted to involve him.
'He's someone I have been keen to bring here with us since the moment I joined so it's pleasing to have agreed things and now he can start work with the rest of us on Monday.'