Betting: Norwich City backed to beat Bolton in Premier League clash
Prior to being on the receiving end of a chastening 3-0 defeat at the Stadium of Light on Wednesday night, the Canaries had gone six games undefeated.
It would be inaccurate to conclude that, following the reverse at Sunderland, tomorrow's home encounter with Bolton falls squarely into 'six-pointer' territory, but the outcome is certainly more difficult to call.
Bolton, still 6/5 with Stan James to be relegated - City are 14/1 according to Skybet - are enjoying a mini-revival. Their last eight matches have yielded only one defeat, and that was to Manchester United.
Nonetheless, City followers will consider tomorrow's duel with a side that has lost seven times on the road this season a very winnable one. Bookies agree and Boylesports have no hesitation installing Norwich as their even money favourites, whereas the Trotters open as BetVictor's 3/1 shots.
Norwich recorded a fine 2-1 win over Bolton at the Reebok Stadium in September and, given that their visitors are currently still engaged in a relegation scrap, there's every reason to suggest matters will be just as tight as their last meeting. Bet365 chalk 3/1 against City enjoying a one-goal margin of victory this time, too.
Punters anticipating a tight, tough encounter are likely to find Paddy Power's 13/5 odds posted about the draw persuasive, while Betfred's 11/2 for it to finish 1-1 has proved understandably popular.
In BetVictor's scorecast market, Grant Holt is priced at a colossal 33/1 to be the first scorer in a 1-0 home triumph, while Skybet rate the chances of City opening the scoring at 8/11. Elsewhere, William Hill mark an intriguing 13/8 in favour of City retaining a clean sheet, while in Paddy Power's timecast market, Norwich are 23/10 to score the game's first goal after the 26th minute.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 3 Flood alerts pass off peacefully along the north Norfolk coast
- 4 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 5 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 6 Cromer Carnival events cancelled due to extreme heat.
- 7 'Not our problem' - Tyre mountain boss exports 350 tonnes of rubber 'I know not where'
- 8 Woman 'shocked' to find CCTV in Marina Centre changing room
- 9 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 10 Highway obstruction closes part of A1151 near Wroxham
It comes as no surprise to see that Partybets consider the chances of both teams scoring as a 4/7 odds-on shot. Accordingly, punters expecting City to secure maximum points following a close-fought game may fancy either Ladbrokes' 7/1 chalked against a 1-0 home win.