BETTING: Norwich City are underdogs in Premier League clash at West Brom
With no team cast adrift at the foot of the Premier League table, both West Bromwich Albion and Norwich will be mindful of the need to gather points when they meet at The Hawthorns.
The Canaries open as Blue Square's 11/4 underdogs after winning just one of their last five away league matches.
Norwich lost 1-0 to the Baggies when the sides met at Carrow Road in September and home advantage ensures that West Brom start as Betfred's even money favourites to complete a league double over Paul Lambert's men.
A draw is rated a 5/2 shot by William Hill.
With only three points separating the teams, it promises to be tight – a feature likely to suit Norwich, especially as Albion have emerged victorious in only two of their 10 home league matches.
You may also want to watch:
If Norwich's tactics are to frustrate their hosts initially, they're capable of overhauling a side that has managed just seven home league goals this season. Accordingly, punters who envisage City employing such tactics may fancy the 11/10 chalked by Stan James about the opening half ending as a draw – bet365 post 2/1 against the first 45 minutes finishing goalless.
Those who suspect that such an outcome could establish a second-half trend can get 11/1 (BetVictor.com) against it ending 0-0 at full time, while Boylesports offer 5/1 against both halves concluding on level terms.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
In other markets, Skybet price Norwich at 8/11 to win when kicking off with an artificial one-goal advantage, while bet365's attractive 6/1 for the Canaries to be the only side score has proved popular. Those anticipating another tight encounter can get 11/10 (Partybets) against the fixture yielding fewer than 2.5 goals.
The big question is: can Norwich secure maximum points? In what is likely to be a close match, should they can reach the final 15 minutes without conceding, the answer is 'of course'. Punters who consider this scenario plausible may, therefore, fancy the 16/1 offered by Blue Square for the game's opening goal to arrive after the 76th minute.
Meanwhile, Skybet post 7/1 against Grant Holt scoring the game's first goal.