Betting: No lack of support for a score draw between Swansea and Norwich City
Although there has been a very low ratio of draws (17 per cent, for the record) in league matches featuring Norwich and Swansea, the most popular result in the weekend's correct score market is 1-1 (6/1, bet365), while Stan James's 13/5 for it to end with honours even has also attracted steady support.
The Canaries did the double over the Swans last term and there have been 14 goals on the last four occasions the duo have met, so the likelihood of it finishing as a high-scoring draw tomorrow cannot be discounted – a 2-2 outcome is priced at 14/1 by Stan James.
Elsewhere, a sizeable number of punters have taken advantage of the 15/8 posted by BetVictor.com for the game's total goal minutes to exceed 155, especially as the aggregate in last season's thriller was 271. The probability of goals is heightened further when punters consider that Norwich have kept just five clean sheets all season and Swansea have managed one fewer, hence Skybet price them at 7/2 and 13/8, respectively, to prevent their opponents from scoring.
Home advantage accounts for Swansea's starting price of 5/6 (bet365), while Norwich kick off as BetVictor's 10/3 outsiders and although punters have been supportive of high-scoring outcomes, the 12/1 chalked by Ladbrokes against a 1-0 away win offers attractive insurance for those not anticipating a goalfest.
Norwich are 11/8 odds-on to score first tomorrow, something they've done half a dozen times this term, but the Swans have won all six of the fixtures in which they've opened the scoring, a stat worth remembering for in-play bettors.
You may also want to watch:
In other markets, Paddy Power rate the chances of each half producing at least one goal to be an 8/11 shot and William Hill post 16/5 against the first 45 minutes yielding two goals.
Backers expecting the fixture's conclusive result trend to continue can get 5/1 (Stan James) against Swansea enjoying a one-goal margin of victory.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Man and woman found dead in home
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town