Aston Villa still the underdogs against Norwich City despite their six-goal blitz
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Aston Villa's outstanding 6-1 win over Sunderland on Monday night has moved them to within one point of Norwich City in the Premier League table and with the pair locking horns at Carrow Road tomorrow, this fixture now falls squarely into 'six-pointer' territory.
Despite Monday's sizeable victory, Villa head east as bet365's 2/1 underdogs and priced at 12/5 (Skybet) to secure a point, whereas the Canaries are priced as Paddy Power's 6/4 favourites to claim maximum points.
Note that Villa's 'Belgian Beast', Christian Benteke, the man who destroyed Sunderland, is Stan James' 6/4 shot to score at any time. Grant Holt is 12/5 (BetVictor.com) in the same market.
Encouragement for home supporters comes in the shape of Villa's awful defensive record. They have conceded 38 goals on the road, while Norwich have suffered just three home defeats, the same number as Arsenal and Spurs.
However, Chris Hughton's charges have failed to score on 13 occasions this term and have racked up the same number of goalless draws, with six, as relegated QPR. Not surprisingly, bet365's 5/6 odds for the fixture to yield fewer than 2.5 goals has been enthusiastically supported.
The duo drew 1-1 when they met at Villa Park in October and another 1-1 result, priced at 13/2 by BetVictor.com, would hardly come as a shock.
Cautious backers might fancy the look of William Hill's 8/11 price for both teams to score, or else the 9/2 posted by Ladbrokes about both halves finishing on level terms.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 6 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 10 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
Skybet's 10/3 odds, marked in favour of the teams sharing the points in a score draw, has proved understandably popular, but backers who believe one side could nick it and effectively secure a Premier League berth for 2013-14 are likely to be tempted by Stan James's 8/1 posted against a 1-0 home success.