Arsenal Away: Norwich City fans’ guide to Emirates Stadium
- Credit: PA
Norwich City travel to north London on Saturday to face Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium at 5.30pm. Here is our guide for Canaries fans on travel, food and drink.
Norwich to the Emirates Stadium by car takes two and a half hours. As you approach London leave the M1 at junction two and go onto the A1, following the signs central London. Keep going on the A1 for around six miles, until you see Holloway Road Tube Station on your right. Take the next left at the traffic lights into Hornsey Road and the stadium is about a quarter of a mile further down this road.
It is not a good idea to try to park around the Emirates as it is a residential area and has a parking scheme, with limited space for non-residents. So it is better to park elsewhere. One suggestion is parking at Cockfoster underground station, it has its own car park and only four miles away. You can then get the underground southbound on the Piccadilly Line to Arsenal station.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
King's Cross is the main connecting station for national rail and underground services. Norwich to King's Cross takes two hours and two minutes and involves a change at Cambridge. The 2pm train from Norwich is the last one fans can catch to guarantee enough time to get to the stadium.
The following underground stations are within 15 minutes walk of Emirates Stadium:
• Arsenal (Piccadilly Line)
• Finsbury Park (Victoria Line, Piccadilly Line, Great Northern Rail)
• Highbury & Islington
WHERE TO DRINK
The Drayton Arms close to Arsenal underground station and Drayton Park railway is away friendly, and is usually very busy on match days. Another option is to drink around Finsbury Park underground station, to the north of the ground, where The Blackstock and The Twelve Pins pubs are. These welcome both home and away fans and are about a 10 minute walk from the stadium.
WHERE TO EAT
A number of restaurants and pubs are situated around a 10 minute walk from the stadium. Food and drink is also available inside the ground. As well as the regular fare of pies, burgers and hotdogs and pizzas, there is also an 'Early Bird Special' deal available up to 45 minutes before kick-off where fans can get a pie and pint for £5.