Alex Neil is not the weakest link in Norwich City’s Premier League tilt
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Neil dismisses any suggestion his lack of Premier League experience will hamper Norwich City's top flight return.
Neil's meteoric rise through the managerial ranks at Hamilton and now the Canaries has catapulted him into the big time, at the age of 34. The Scot, however, has no trace of self-doubt that he is good enough to cut it.
'I am looking forward to it. To be honest it is just another level up. I don't think too much of it,' he said. 'I just have to get the team prepared and give it a right good go. I felt exactly the same over the last couple of seasons. It happened up in Scotland to me when we got promoted to the Premier League (with Hamilton). We had to adjust and make sure we did as well as we could, and we did that. When I came down to begin with at Norwich we had to make sure we won as many games. We'll take the same approach. Having got there we want to stay there.'
Neil wants the same mental toughness from his City squad.
'I am confident they can adapt but it is difficult to know in advance how they are going to react,' he said. 'Are they mentally tough enough to do what it takes to go and get that result? It's important the players show that against the bigger teams especially because you can't give them any advantage.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 7 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 8 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 9 Norfolk and Waveney's 30 under 30 - from world-beating athletes to business owners
- 10 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park