Alex Neil is keeping his options open in Norwich City’s transfer quest
- Credit: Archant
Alex Neil has no qualms adding a touch of continental flair to his final transfer business to equip Norwich City for the Premier League.
The Scot recruited Robbie Brady and Liverpool's on-loan defender Andre Wisdom earlier this week, after the early summer arrivals of Youssouf Mulumbu and Graham Dorrans.
Neil makes no secret the Canaries' have targeted the domestic market in their talent search, but the Scot is prepared to consider foreign imports to complete his roster.
'I feel if it's the right player abroad and they are going to make a difference to us and I am relatively satisfied that we have done enough homework and it is going to make us better then I am more than open to getting players from other leagues,' he said. 'However, it is a safer bet where we are right now to bring in British-based players who have been there and done it in the past and know what they are doing. The downside to that is what you tend to find they come with a higher price tag which can make it difficult.
'Certain clubs, like Watford for example, have bought a lot of players from abroad but when you are trying to get domestic players it can be really difficult because the prices are so high and the negotiations are long and drawn out, with the selling club trying to speak to other clubs.'
Neil is still in the market for a couple more additions ahead of Crystal Palace's Premier League opener, with a goalkeeper to join John Ruddy and Declan Rudd high on the agenda.
New boys Brady and Wisdom will be in contention for Saturday's final friendly against Brentford at Carrow Road, along with fit-again striker Cameron Jerome. Last season's top scorer returned to training on Tuesday after missing out on both Norwich's tour games last week to rest a foot injury.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 Two men arrested after fire caused by disposable BBQ at country park
- 5 'Not our problem' - Tyre mountain boss exports 350 tonnes of rubber 'I know not where'
- 6 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 7 Plans for roundabout at accident blackspot could be lodged 'in next couple of months'
- 8 Man who rushed to help woman stabbed in city park feared she might die
- 9 Stunning drone shots capture high tide in Wells
- 10 Elizabethan manor house with 20 acres and a pool on sale for £2.75m