Alex Neil does not stand for any nonsense says Norwich City midfielder Nathan Redmond
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's promotion-chasing squad is desperate not to disappoint Alex Neil.
The Canaries' chief has guided his players to within sight of reaching the Wembley play-of final, ahead of this weekend's semi-final, second leg against Ipswich.
Norwich missed out on automatic promotion by three points after a winning surge under Neil - who according to City midfielder Nathan Redmond has firmly stamped his mark on the squad he inherited.
'He doesn't really mess about, and I think that's where the lads respect him,' said the England Under-21 international. 'He doesn't really take any messing from any of the boys or anyone. This is a tight ship he runs and all the lads have to be on board.
'There are a couple of times where in the games if I haven't agreed with something I might have shouted something out of frustration, and he doesn't really tend to do anything when you're there but then in the changing room, he'll just say to you, 'Look, if you don't listen to me or if you don't listen to when I'm trying to talk to you on the pitch, then I will bring you off.'
You may also want to watch:
'I think he's said that to a couple of the boys, even on the training pitch.'
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 9 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low