Hamilton sign Norwich City starlet on loan
- Credit: Archant
Adam Phillips has joined Hamilton on a season-long loan.
The 20-year-old, who joined Norwich last summer after being released by Liverpool, will link up with the Scottish Premiership side for the 2018-19 season – the last of his current Canaries deal, although City have an option to extend his contract.
'I'm really looking forward to it,' said Phillips. 'It's a tough league with a lot of good players in it but I'm ready to show what I can do.'
Accies manager Martin Canning added: 'Adam will add to what we already have here. He's came from good stock and has featured for England at youth level.
'I mentioned previously our excellent working relationship with Norwich City and we're hopeful this can be another deal which benefits all parties. Adam has experienced first-team football with Cambridge United last year and we think that he can come up here, develop further and help us achieve our goals this season.'
Playmaker Phillips endured a difficult loan spell at Cambridge last season, when a change in manager saw his game time restricted as Joe Dunne adopted a more pragmatic approach.
Phillips came back to Norwich to play in the Under-23s towards the end of last season but he will be hoping to do enough out on loan this season to force his way into Daniel Farke's plans.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after serious crash
- 2 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 3 Possible foot and mouth disease case investigated at pig farm
- 4 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 5 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners
- 6 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 7 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 8 'Great relief' as vets rule out foot and mouth disease at Norfolk farm
- 9 Driver died in crash with tractor after misjudging corner on rural road
- 10 Traffic delays after car plunges into underpass in Yarmouth
The former England U16s international joined the Canaries last summer after leaving Liverpool, despite interest from Watford and West Ham, after his progress for the Reds had been hampered by a back fracture.
Phillips will be joined at Hamilton by Mason Bloomfield, who was sent on loan after signing from Dagenham & Redbridge earlier this summer.
Remi Matthews and Carlton Morris have previously enjoyed loan spells with Martin Cannings' side.