‘Mason is a great addition to our forward line’ – Accies delighted to sign Canaries striker on loan
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS
Young striker Mason Bloomfield has been sent straight out on loan by Norwich City following his signing from Dagenham & Redbridge.
The 21-year-old has joined Scottish Premiership side Hamilton Academical on a season-long loan from Sunday, July 1, having joined the Canaries officially at the start of this month.
City signed the striker in March shortly after he had scored during a friendly against West Ham which helped to raise funds for cash-strapped Dagenham, announcing him as an addition to the under-23s squad.
However, he is now set to go straight out on loan with Accies, having scored three goals in 26 National League games for the Daggers last season.
'When I had the opportunity to come up here I jumped at it,' the striker said. 'It's a great club to be at and a great league to play in.
'I know Carlton (Morris) was here before from Norwich, went on to do good things and went back a better player. I want to do the same and help push this club up the league.'
Bloomfield came through the Daggers' academy system and made a League Two appearance as a 17-year-old in September 2014 before going on to spells at various clubs, including Chelmsford, Grays, Brentwood and Aveley.
Hamilton manager Martin Canning, speaking to Accies TV, said: 'Mason is a great addition to our forward line; he's six-foot three, he's mobile and he's got a real desire to come here and score goals.
- 1 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 2 Vicar at heart of bitter church row resigns
- 3 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 4 Princess Anne receives warm welcome at Royal Norfolk Show
- 5 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 6 Gallery of pictures from the Royal Norfolk Show's first day
- 7 Fears access road for new housing will be built on sacred land
- 8 Five-bed farmhouse with attached orchard and glamping site for sale
- 9 Village pub reopening after £200k refurbishment
- 10 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
'We've used the loan market to good effect in the past with Remi (Matthews) and Carlton (Morris) in particular. The club have a proven track record of developing young players and, coupled with the fact we'll be competing in the Scottish Premiership again this season, it makes Hamilton Accies an attractive place to come.'
Bloomfield's exit follows loan deals for two other young prospects, Greek midfielder Savvas Mourgos joining Dutch side Dordrecht for the season and forward Diallang Jaiyesimi joining Yeovil for the campaign.