A look back at our archive: Norwich City v Tottenham over the years
- Credit: Archant
Here is a look back at our archive of Norwich City v Tottenham ahead of their match Saturday 30 January at 7:45pm
Norwich City can look to two FA Cup successes over Tottenham, one as a non-league team in 1915 and the second as part of the famous 1959 Cup run. In 1973 City lost to Spurs at Wembley in the League Cup Final.
Men who have played for both clubs include Martin Chivers, Martin Peters, Ian Crook, Mark Bowen, Ruel Fox, Paul McVeigh and Gary Doherty.
Our first match, from Division 1, is from 6 March 1976 and City won 3-1. Our second match, again from Division 1, was played on 3 December 1983 and the Canaries won by 2 goals to 1. Our third match, from the Premiership, dates from 2 April 1994 – this time City lost 1-2.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
- 3 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 6 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 7 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 8 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
- 9 Brother and sister found dead in home were grieving beloved father
- 10 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer