30 of the best images from City’s dramatic 4-3 win at Wycombe
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City sealed their fourth win on the spin with a 4-3 victory at Wycombe to continue their Carabao Cup adventure – and now you can re-live the action with some of our favourite images from the entertaining encounter.
Jordan Rhodes took his tally for the season to five at Adams Park last night to send the Canaries into the fourth round of the competition for the sixth time in seven seasons.
Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from City's gripping 4-3 win at Wycombe
City went into half-time with a 3-1 advantage after a feisty and entertaining first half against their League One opponents. Rhodes opened the scoring in the 12th minute, chesting home from close range, and doubled the lead less than three minutes later when he found the top-right corner from 20 yards.
Paris Cowan-Hall halved the deficit as the hosts rallied but midfielder Tom Trybull headed City 3-1 ahead in the 42nd minute. Rhodes wrapped up his treble with a deft flick early in the second half, although the hosts pulled two goals back as they threw everything forward to try and bring themselves level.
The draw for the fourth round is on Saturday night, during the EFL on Quest highlights show.
• Take a look at more of Paul Chesterton's images below
- 1 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 2 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 3 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 4 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 5 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 6 Norfolk attraction to hold its largest ever fireworks display
- 7 Farmers call for Norfolk hosepipe ban
- 8 'I lived in one of the most remote places in Norfolk'
- 9 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 10 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city