30 of the best images from City’s dramatic 4-3 win at Wycombe
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City sealed their fourth win on the spin with a 4-3 victory at Wycombe to continue their Carabao Cup adventure – and now you can re-live the action with some of our favourite images from the entertaining encounter.
Jordan Rhodes took his tally for the season to five at Adams Park last night to send the Canaries into the fourth round of the competition for the sixth time in seven seasons.
Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from City's gripping 4-3 win at Wycombe
City went into half-time with a 3-1 advantage after a feisty and entertaining first half against their League One opponents. Rhodes opened the scoring in the 12th minute, chesting home from close range, and doubled the lead less than three minutes later when he found the top-right corner from 20 yards.
Paris Cowan-Hall halved the deficit as the hosts rallied but midfielder Tom Trybull headed City 3-1 ahead in the 42nd minute. Rhodes wrapped up his treble with a deft flick early in the second half, although the hosts pulled two goals back as they threw everything forward to try and bring themselves level.
The draw for the fourth round is on Saturday night, during the EFL on Quest highlights show.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at more of Paul Chesterton's images below
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 10 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park