22,500 tickets sold for Norwich City’s FA Cup clash with Chelsea
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Approximately 22,500 tickets have been sold ahead of the Canaries' FA Cup tie with Premier League champions Chelsea.
The attendance is expected to reach around 23,000, with tickets still available across the Upper Barclay and the Snake Pit.
There is a discount on matchday tickets, however, they are not on general sale and are only available to season ticket holders or members.
Adult tickets cost £15, but would require a season ticket or membership, which costs £25.
The 5.30pm kick off has also been chosen for live TV broadcast.
Supporters attending the match against Chelsea at Carrow Road are reminded that there are extra security measures as they enter the stadium on matchdays this season.
There will continue to be an enhanced security presence at all matches played at Carrow Road – as well as limitations on items that can be brought into the ground, including restrictions on bag sizes.
- 1 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 2 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 3 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 4 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 5 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 6 Farmers call for Norfolk hosepipe ban
- 7 Firefighters battling forest blaze near Sandringham
- 8 'I lived in one of the most remote places in Norfolk'
- 9 New planning bid to re-use long-empty pub
- 10 Coastguard hunt for missing woman in early morning search
There will also be an increased level of checks and searches prior to entering the stadium.
Due to the extra security arrangements, all supporters are advised to arrive at the venue and enter the ground as early as possible. This will allow the required time to carry out these additional security checks that are likely to lengthen queuing times.