Norwich celebrate their 125th anniversary
Supporters of Norwich Rugby Club old and new will be gathering to join the celebrations at their 125th Anniversary Ball on Saturday, June 18.
The club was formed in 1884 and has 400 members. It has played a pivotal role in the evolution of rugby in the local area and won the 'Norfolk Plate' this year. The club continues to flourish, with four senior sides and a thriving junior section that's benefitted from the growing popularity of mini and youth rugby today.
The celebration ball will be held on site in 'The Marquee' at Beeston Hyrne, on the North Walsham Road, and tickets are now on sale.
Club president Mark Loveday said: 'We're one of the oldest rugby clubs in the country and the reason for this, I believe, is the loyalty and hardwork of all those who get involved in the club and volunteer their time. I joined the under-7's team in 1982!
'We'll be welcoming friends old and new to our celebrations as well as raising funds for Wooden Spoon – The Children's Charity of Rugby. It'll also be amusing to see if the event hosts can pronounce 'quasquicentennial' – the correct term for a 125th anniversary – during the evening!'
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available at �50 per head and tables seat 10. The evening opens with a Champagne Reception sponsored by the Alan Boswell Group and includes a three-course dinner, music from the Emma Hall Band, Disco and Auction.
For more details or to book your table please contact 01603 860603 or email email@example.com
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 5 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 6 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 7 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 8 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
• Lowestoft & Yarmouth RFC have been presented with the RFU President's XV 'seal of approval club of the year' award in recognition of their initiatives to encourage young people to become involved in the club and the game of rugby.
Establishing a range of programmes to both assist existing club members and promote new members, L&Y beat off strong competition as the RFU received 274 entries for the competition's 15 different categories.
L&Y received a �500 cheque and a special trophy to mark their acheivement.