Norwich-based Tri-Anglia named 2013 Triathlon England Club of the Year
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Norwich-based triathlon club Tri-Anglia has capped an impressive year by being named 2013 Triathlon England Club of the Year.
Three of the club's athletes won medals at the World Triathlon Championships in London's Hyde Park in September, as part of a 17-strong team who competed at the championships.
But it is the club's efforts at grassroots level which Tri-Anglia chairman Rob Lines feels has earned the club the award.
'A lot of clubs up and down the country are focused on training and developing their athletes but our onus is different,' Lines said.
'Tri-Anglia is a network of people who want to promote triathlon in Norfolk and Suffolk and our ethos is putting on events and also helping other local clubs who are starting out.'
You may also want to watch:
The club was also shortlisted for the Event of the Year award, jointly with City of Norwich Triathlon and Cycling Club, and its race director, Mark Philo.
Tri-Anglia has grown from around 100 members in 2005 to a total of 605 in 2013, increasing from 480 in 2012.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
Lines added: 'It's a nice accolade to get, it's very pleasing for everyone at the club.'