Norwich and Flegg through to regional finals of Lady Taverners school competitions
- Credit: Submitted
The Lady Taverners school competitions were completed at the UEA Sportspark in Norwich.
Norwich School enjoyed a good day at their first ever county under-13 final, winning each of their five matches to comfortably take the title.
The battle for the runners-up spot went down to the wire and was not decided until the final ball of the day, with Flegg High edging out Broadland High by just three runs.
Other schools taking part were North Walsham, Aylsham & Northgate high schools.
The U15 girls title holders Flegg faced Thorpe St Andrew in the final and won by 15 runs after scoring 98. Other schools taking part were Old Buckenham, Dereham Northgate and North Walsham high schools and Cromer Academy.
You may also want to watch:
Both winners now go on to the regional finals as they again look to reach the national finals at Lord's in July.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us