Norwich and Flegg through to regional finals of Lady Taverners school competitions
- Credit: Submitted
The Lady Taverners school competitions were completed at the UEA Sportspark in Norwich.
Norwich School enjoyed a good day at their first ever county under-13 final, winning each of their five matches to comfortably take the title.
The battle for the runners-up spot went down to the wire and was not decided until the final ball of the day, with Flegg High edging out Broadland High by just three runs.
Other schools taking part were North Walsham, Aylsham & Northgate high schools.
The U15 girls title holders Flegg faced Thorpe St Andrew in the final and won by 15 runs after scoring 98. Other schools taking part were Old Buckenham, Dereham Northgate and North Walsham high schools and Cromer Academy.
You may also want to watch:
Both winners now go on to the regional finals as they again look to reach the national finals at Lord's in July.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall