North West Norfolk League round-up: Webber on target to deny Creake in League Cup
South Creake ended a run of three defeats, but were forced to settle for a share of the spoils in a 2-2 draw against Lynn North End in the Division One League Cup.
Lynn North End took the lead when Creake failed to clear a corner and Neil Goodbourn's shot was deflected in.
Creake levelled before the break through Conor Welch and soon after the interval went ahead when Conor Welch chipped the keeper, only for Lynn North End to level through Jack Webber.
There were wins for Gayton Utd, Ingoldisthorpe and Watlington in the other cup games.
In Division Two, Danny Brooks and Matthew Wolfe scored their first goals for Denver, but it was not enough to stop the young squad slipping to a 4-2 home defeat by fellow strugglers Ingoldisthorpe Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
Discovery Royals remain the only unbeaten side in the whole league as they got a good 1-1 draw away to William Burt.
Division Three's result of the day was provided by West Lynn, who came from 2-0 down to win 3-2 against Lynn Retreat – James Van Der Velde, Daniel Griffith and new signing Danny Suckling earned the win.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
Birchwood were 5-2 winners at Redgate Rangers Reserves, their goals coming from Paul Phillips (2), Andrew Wood (2) and Ben English.
In Division Four, River Lane Rangers and Tilney drew 1-1, with Dan Pooley scoring Tilney's second-half equaliser.