North West Norfolk League round-up: Webber on target to deny Creake in League Cup
South Creake ended a run of three defeats, but were forced to settle for a share of the spoils in a 2-2 draw against Lynn North End in the Division One League Cup.
Lynn North End took the lead when Creake failed to clear a corner and Neil Goodbourn's shot was deflected in.
Creake levelled before the break through Conor Welch and soon after the interval went ahead when Conor Welch chipped the keeper, only for Lynn North End to level through Jack Webber.
There were wins for Gayton Utd, Ingoldisthorpe and Watlington in the other cup games.
In Division Two, Danny Brooks and Matthew Wolfe scored their first goals for Denver, but it was not enough to stop the young squad slipping to a 4-2 home defeat by fellow strugglers Ingoldisthorpe Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
Discovery Royals remain the only unbeaten side in the whole league as they got a good 1-1 draw away to William Burt.
Division Three's result of the day was provided by West Lynn, who came from 2-0 down to win 3-2 against Lynn Retreat – James Van Der Velde, Daniel Griffith and new signing Danny Suckling earned the win.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash
Birchwood were 5-2 winners at Redgate Rangers Reserves, their goals coming from Paul Phillips (2), Andrew Wood (2) and Ben English.
In Division Four, River Lane Rangers and Tilney drew 1-1, with Dan Pooley scoring Tilney's second-half equaliser.