North West Norfolk League round-up: Great Massingham and William Burt reach county cup semis
Goals from Robert Harrison, Lyndon Docherty and Karl Harrison helped Great Massingham beat Foulsham 2-1 to reach the Norfolk Junior Cup semi-final.
In the Primary Cup, William Burt edged out a Stoke Ferry 1-0 thanks to a Harry Bennett strike to reach the last four. Gayton United Reserves, who drew 2-2 at Frettenham, and Discovery Royals and Riverside — who also shared four goals – will replay this weekend.
In Division One South Creake beat Sedgeford 5-0. Dan Ballantyne, Chris Abbey, CK Caravan man of the match Tom Raisbury, Kev Clipston and an own goal sealed Creake's victory.
In Division Three, strikes from Andy Wood (2), Pavel Ladnov, Ben English and Graham Risdill helped Birchwood beat Greyfriars 5-0. Birch's men of the match were Bradley Wilson and Jordan MaClean.
Leaders Lynn Williams edged out second-placed Redgate Rangers Reserves 2-1. Carl Muffett and Paul Abbott struck for Lynn, whose man of the match was Dave Thorrold.
You may also want to watch:
Division Four leaders Snettisham won 3-2 against Castle Rising Reserves with Tom Hawkins, Scott Deadman and Mark Lloyd finding the net. Kelvin Kerr was the victor's man of the match. George Brotherton, Kenny Rushton and Shane Rowe were the marksmen in Docking's 3-1 win over The Woottons.
Man of the match Liam Peart (2), Paul Henry and Grant Varnham scored as Tilney beat Great Massingham Reserves 4-0. 'Keeper Mario Marranzini saved a late penalty.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
?- In the Anglian Combination, Premier Division Dersingham Rovers beat North Walsham 2-1. Lee Hyde and man of the match Chris Maslin scored for Rovers. Division Six Redgate Rangers stayed top with a 5-2 win over Reepham Town Reserves. Man of the match Matt Prudence (3), Steve Fisher and Tom McCarthy netted. Mark Sainty had a penalty saved. Le Strange Arms Hotel was Rangers' match-day sponsor.