North West Norfolk League round-up: Great Massingham and William Burt reach county cup semis
Goals from Robert Harrison, Lyndon Docherty and Karl Harrison helped Great Massingham beat Foulsham 2-1 to reach the Norfolk Junior Cup semi-final.
In the Primary Cup, William Burt edged out a Stoke Ferry 1-0 thanks to a Harry Bennett strike to reach the last four. Gayton United Reserves, who drew 2-2 at Frettenham, and Discovery Royals and Riverside — who also shared four goals – will replay this weekend.
In Division One South Creake beat Sedgeford 5-0. Dan Ballantyne, Chris Abbey, CK Caravan man of the match Tom Raisbury, Kev Clipston and an own goal sealed Creake's victory.
In Division Three, strikes from Andy Wood (2), Pavel Ladnov, Ben English and Graham Risdill helped Birchwood beat Greyfriars 5-0. Birch's men of the match were Bradley Wilson and Jordan MaClean.
Leaders Lynn Williams edged out second-placed Redgate Rangers Reserves 2-1. Carl Muffett and Paul Abbott struck for Lynn, whose man of the match was Dave Thorrold.
You may also want to watch:
Division Four leaders Snettisham won 3-2 against Castle Rising Reserves with Tom Hawkins, Scott Deadman and Mark Lloyd finding the net. Kelvin Kerr was the victor's man of the match. George Brotherton, Kenny Rushton and Shane Rowe were the marksmen in Docking's 3-1 win over The Woottons.
Man of the match Liam Peart (2), Paul Henry and Grant Varnham scored as Tilney beat Great Massingham Reserves 4-0. 'Keeper Mario Marranzini saved a late penalty.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 5 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 6 Brothers take wedding bookings for 2022 after finishing barn project
- 7 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change
?- In the Anglian Combination, Premier Division Dersingham Rovers beat North Walsham 2-1. Lee Hyde and man of the match Chris Maslin scored for Rovers. Division Six Redgate Rangers stayed top with a 5-2 win over Reepham Town Reserves. Man of the match Matt Prudence (3), Steve Fisher and Tom McCarthy netted. Mark Sainty had a penalty saved. Le Strange Arms Hotel was Rangers' match-day sponsor.