Holt entertain local rivals North Walsham in Norfolk Senior Cup
- Credit: Archant
Following their dominant performance against South Woodham Ferrers last week North Walsham have a break from league action as they make the short trip to play Holt in the semi-finals of the Woodfordes Norfolk Cup (2pm).
Competition between the clubs has always been high tempo and this Saturday's encounter is likely to see more of the same.
Playing at the higher level week in, week out the Vikings should start favourites, but in all sports, cup games can be a leveller.
One thing that is certain is that Vikings coach James Brooks will prepare for this game in the same way as he would normally and in return expect the players to respond.
He should be able to field the bulk of the squad that played last week but could be faced with a problem as Tom Younie, Jake Duffield and Will Swart have been named in a squad to represent Eastern Counties Under-20s on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
He will still be missing prop Lachlan Brown-Bates with a leg injury but on the plus side prop Dane Canning is fit again and raring to go against his former club. He will probably have some competition from Tom Browes and Tim Weber, who had a storming game as a replacement last week.
In the back line it is difficult to see where, if any, changes are likely to be made. Josh Brown, who made his comeback from injury, retired with a broken nose but that is unlikely to keep him out. Wing Jordan Mustard, who marked his return from an even longer break than Brown with a hat-trick of tries, will have benefited from a full game.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 7 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
- 8 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 9 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 10 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
Jim Riley, the former Holt skipper who moved to Scottow in the close season, might have mixed feelings about his return but that will in no way affect his performance on the pitch.
Holt are currently fourth in London Three Eastern Counties, which is two levels below their neighbours. They were restricted to an 11-a-side practice match last week after opponents Wisbech were unable to raise a full side for a league fixture.
North Walsham (from) A Downing, W Swart, D Canning, T Browes, T Weber, R Oakes, R Miller, T Scotland, C Godwin, T Knight, W Hodgson, J Duffield, M Braans, J Riley, D Smith, T Younie. H Downing, J Brown, L Thomson, J Mustard.