Norfolk youngsters miss out in County Youth Cup
Norfolk 2 Kent 3
Norfolk U18s were knocked out in the second round of this season's FA County Youth Cup, after being edged 3-2 by Kent at the FDC.
This national competition always seems to bring the best out of young players and this game was no different.
The score was level at 1-1 at the break, after two goals in quick succession as the half-time whistle neared. Toby Hilliard's neat finish from 18 yards had put Norfolk ahead, only for Kent's Dan Parkinson to level matters from a similar distance two minutes later.
The goals continued to flow after the re-start. Norfolk were caught napping two minutes in from a corner, when Parkinson prodded home his second of the game after the ball had come back off the crossbar.
You may also want to watch:
Then, less than 10 minutes later, Kent capitalised from a corner again, this time Lee Pleau nodding home to give the visitors a 3-1 advantage.
Norfolk rallied and pulled a goal back from the penalty spot before the hour mark, through captain Shaun Stocker.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 9 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 10 Popular wine merchant took his own life, inquest hears
However, after Stocker's lifeline there weren't too many clear-cut chances for Norfolk to force extra-time, with Kent defending their lead well and seeing the game out.
Norfolk: Jake Cox, Chris Greenslade, Frazer Blake-Tracey, Mac Gee, Gabriel Mansbridge, Jack Houghton, Nathan Russell, Lewis Gibson, Liam Upton, Toby Hilliard, Shaun Stocker (capt). Subs: Elliot Wesby, Bradley Stewart, Jack Frohawk, Jack Guyton, Jordan Tipple.