Norfolk women’s over-60s team enjoy solid season
- Credit: Submitted
The Norfolk ladies over-60s have had another successful inter-county season, finishing third in the Division One table.
The team had wins over Lancashire (4-1), Warwickshire (4-1) and an impressive win over Surrey (3-2), who had won the league for the last three years.
There were two narrow 3-2 defeats against Devon and Cheshire, with both matches extremely close and lost only on championship tie-break third sets.
Members of the team were Jane Ling – who lost only two rubbers all season – Sally Farman, captain Angela Roy and two new players in Caroline Blincoe and Mary Ogden.
Captain Roy said: 'The players worked very well as a team, and have high hopes for next season.
You may also want to watch:
'This year, sadly, two of the long-serving members of the team retired through injury. We thank Mary Ingram and Rachel Clarke for all their efforts, enthusiasm and loyalty over many years.
'They have been missed and we wish them well for the future.'
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project