NWGFL round-up: Double hat-trick for Emily Leach secures semi-final place for Bungay Town Ladies
- Credit: Archant
Emily Leach plundered a double hat-trick as Bungay Town Ladies saw off Bure Valley Wildcats 14-0 in the quarter finals of the Norfolk Women's and Girls' Football League Cup.
Samatha Walker also grabbed five goals in the rout whilst Selina Rowland (two) and Nicola Hazell were also on the scoresheet.
Samantha Hunn and Leanne Smith were on target for Gorleston Ladies but it was Stalham who won through to the last four of the competition with three goals of their own.
Fakenham Town Ladies came within a whisker of stunning last season's league champions and League Cup finalists Thorpe United in an entertaining game at Thorpe Recreation Ground.
Fakenham were rewarded for their persistence midway through the first half when Rochy Woods hit a speculative shot from 25 yards which lobbed the Thorpe keeper and dipped just under the crossbar. It was assisted by the wind but nothing more than the visitors deserved.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half the Ghosts started in much the same vein as the first, but as the half wore on were increasingly pinned back in their own half. Thorpe took charge in the second half and a brace from Shanice Sutton and an Alice Ford goal gave the home side a 3-1 lead.
However, the Ghosts made it a nervy finish when Sam King reduced the arrears but Fakenham were unable to force an equaliser.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 8 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
Rebecca Kirby (two), Tammy Graves and Katie Fray were on the scoresheet as FC Sprowston saw off Tavern Ladies 4-3.
In the League Plate quarter finals North Walsham Ladies eased to a 4-0 win away from home in the competition at Long Stratton Ladies.
Mary-Anne Hoy, Hope Middleton, Luci Middleton and Rachel Bussey grabbed the goals against the South Norfolk side, who are yet to win a game in the league so far this season.
Beccles Town eased to a 3-1 victory over Freethorpe Ladies courtesy of goals from Jordan Duke, Lucy Robbens and Grace Storey. Kiera Squires got the consolation for Freethorpe.
Wymondham Town Ladies Reserves romped to a 14-0 win over Toftwood United Ladies.