NWGFL round-up: Bungay Town Ladies in seventh heaven after victory over Fakenham Town Ladies
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Bungay Town Ladies moved up to third in Division One of the Norfolk Women's and Girls' League after a 7-1 win at Fakenham Town Ladies.
With the top two of Sprowston Ladies and Thorpe United Ladies not in action, Bungay took their chance to close the gap at the top with a fine display. Sam Walker (two), Selina Rowland (two), Emily Leach, Eva Evans and Nicky Hazell got the goals with Jennifer Codman replying for the Ghosts.
North Walsham Ladies are up to fourth thanks to their 8-2 win over Aylsham Ladies. Luci Middleton grabbed four of the goals whilst Mary-Anne Hoy (two), Rachel Bussey and Hannah Sturman were also on the scoresheet. Manuela Naprta got the goals for Aylsham.
Abbe Charlton and Sophie Lubbock were on target as Stalham Ladies drew 2-2 against Wymondham Town Ladies
Beccles Town Ladies remain top of Division Two after their hard-fought 3-2 win over Tavern Ladies. Lucy Robbens (two) and Jordan Duke got the goals for the table-toppers whilst Lucy Kean and Emily Bell were on target for Tavern.
You may also want to watch:
FC Sprowston sit just behind though as they made it five wins out of five after a 5-1 victory at Freethorpe Ladies. Megan Belsey, Joanna Davey, Katie Fray, Lois Irving and Rebecca Kirby were on target with Andrea Colbrook replying.
Gorleston Rangers Ladies and Costessey Sports Ladies gained their first points of the season as they shared four goals between them - Tamera Brooks and Rose Conroy getting the goals for Costessey.
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 3 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 4 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 5 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 6 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 7 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 8 Man stabbed in leg and stomach by drug dealer who jumped out of car
- 9 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 10 Norfolk coronavirus infection rate falls below three figures
Kirkley & Pakefield Ladies are up to third thanks to their 3-2 win over Bure Valley Wildcats Ladies. Chloe Ashton, Sophie Martin and Donna Parsons got the goals for the Royals whilst Abigail Clark and Juiette Kelly replied for the Wildcats.
Costessey Sports Ladies lead the seven-a-side division after their 7-2 victory at Scole United, whose goals came through Cara Fensome and Anna Wilkinson.
Morley Ladies eased to a 5-0 success at home to Hellesdon Belles courtesy of goals from Kristy Harris, Gemma Newell (two), Becky Humphries and an own goal.
Harleston Town Ladies gained their second win of the season with a 4-0 win at Red Rose Ladies - Nicola Henderson (two), Beth Howman and Stephanie Powell getting the goals.