NWGFL round-up: Sprowston Ladies open up six-point gap at the top after routine victory over Wymondham Town Ladies Reserves
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Sprowston Ladies have opened up a six-point gap at the top of Division One of the Norfolk Women's and Girls' League after a 6-0 win over Wymondham Town Ladies Reserves.
With second-placed Bungay Town Ladies without a game, Sprowston took full advantage by putting clear daylight between themselves and their rivals with an impressive win.
Victoria Leyer grabbed a hat-trick for the home side whilst Abby Hutchin, Rebecca Russell and Abbi Nobbs were also on the scoresheet.
Thorpe United Ladies moved up to third in the table with a 2-0 victory over bottom-placed Long Stratton Ladies. Alice Smith and Shanice Sutton got the goals for United, who are yet to taste defeat this season having won five of their seven games so far this campaign.
Fakenham Town Ladies earned only their second point of the season in a hard-fought 2-2 draw with North Walsham Ladies. Rochelle Woods got both goals for the Ghosts whilst Luci Middleton and Rachel Bussey replied for the Angels.
You may also want to watch:
It's as you were at the top of Division Two as leading pair FC Sprowston and Beccles Town Ladies both bagged victories.
FC Sprowston remain top of the pile after their 5-0 win over Freethorpe Ladies but Beccles are just three points behind after Lucy Robbens' double gave her side the points at home against FC Tavern in a 2-1 victory.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
Lucy Kean got Tavern's consolation.
It sets up an exciting weekend as FC Sprowston play host to Beccles with the result likely to go a long way to deciding who will pick up the title.
Beccles will certainly be out to avenge the 6-0 drubbing they suffered at the hands of the rivals back in September before the season really got going.
Gorleston Rangers picked up their third win of the campaign but they were taken all the way at bottom side Costessey Sports Ladies.
Lauren Dennis helped herself to a hat-trick for the visitors whilst Chloe Bailey, Abigail Bell and Zoe Waite were also on target.
In the seven-a-side division just the one game was played as Harleston Town Ladies ran out 3-0 winners over Hellesdon Belles Ladies courtesy of Beth Howman's hat-trick.