NWGFL round-up: Bungay Town Ladies stretch lead at top of the table
- Credit: Archant
Bungay Town Ladies stretched their lead at the top of Division One of the Norfolk Women's and Girls' League thanks to a 4-2 win over Sprowston Ladies.
Emily Leach bagged a brace whilst Selina Rowland and Nicky Hazell were also on the scoresheet as Bungay went five points clear at the top of the table. Abi Nobbs and Rebecca Russell were on target for Sprowston.
In Division Two FC Sprowston made it nine wins out of nine as they hammered Toftwood United Ladies at home 11-0. Charlie Head was the outstanding player on the day, notching five goals whilst Katie Fray, Tammy Graves, Rebecca Kirby, Nicole Read, Rosie Wickenden and Melissa Belsey also found the net. The win put Sprowston six points clear of second-placed Beccles Town, who have played a game fewer.
The seven-a-side league saw Briston Wanderers go top as doubles from Corinne Bishop, Stacey High and Emma Talmadge ensured a 6-0 victory whilst Red Rose Ladies beat Hellesdon Belles 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town