Norfolk trio go down to impressive Hunts in National Indoor Bowls finals
In the men's 2 bowls rinks the Norfolk trio of Jamie Howlett, Tony Dunton and Rob Parker came up against a strong trio from Hunts and went down 14-24 at the National Indoor finals in Newark.
On a brighter note the ladies 2 bowl rinks held their nerve to win after an extra end when the scores were tied at 19-19 after the allotted 21 ends.
Linda Bennett, Mel Haylett and Elaine Cole came back from five down at 14 ends against Humberside to lead 19-16 before Humberside took a 3 on the 21 st end.
In the second round they were always in command of their game with N Cambs running out comfortable winners 29-10.
In another closely contested match the mixed triple of Linda and Colin Blake and Ian Wones beat Durham 21-14 in the first round game. They had another tussle in their 2nd round match with Lincs winning 16-14 after being behind earlier in the game.
Norfolk were victorious in the mixed rinks final against Derbyshire 19-10 after a tight match early on they pulled away in the middle of the match to seal victory with an end to spare.
Earlier in the day in the semi finals the Norfolk trio came back from being 0-8 down after three ends to win 24-13 against North Cambs who won only four of the remaining 18 ends. In the first round of the men's senior singles John Tuddenham won 21-19 against Northants.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 5 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 6 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 9 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 10 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
In the semi finals of the ladies 2 bowl rinks Norfolk playing Derbyshire had a real tight game but unfortunately with the scores tied at 17-17 at 20 ends Derbyshire took the one shot required on the 21st end to go through to the final.