Norfolk to face pace of England bowler during T20 clash with Suffolk
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Norfolk's batsman will face the pace of England Twenty20 international Tymal Mills at Woolpit tomorrow.
The former Brandon and Tuddenham St Mary player has been included in Suffolk's squad for the opening games of the Unicorns Minor Counties T20 competition.
The Sussex paceman has agreed to play in the first three of Suffolk's four double-header group games, but his congenital back condition – which prevents him from playing the longer formats of the game – means he will only feature in one game each day.
The 25-year-old, capped four times by England, can clock speeds above 90mph and has previously played in the high-profile Indian Premier League.
Suffolk open their T20 campaign against rivals Norfolk on Sunday and then travel to Peterborough to face Cambridgeshire 24 hours later on Bank Holiday Monday.
You may also want to watch:
The first matches will start at 11am, with the second scheduled to begin 45 minutes after their conclusion, which is likely to be around 2.30pm.
Suffolk have named a 13-man squad for the two fixtures, which also includes former Horsford and Essex opening batsman Jaik Mickleburgh.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 8 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 9 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
Suffolk head coach Andy Northcote said: 'Having someone of Tymal's experience is going to be invaluable to the group.
'He will only play one game a day, but just having someone there who is a Suffolk lad who has played at the highest level and wants to be involved and help our squad will be incredible. Exciting times are ahead for me and the squad.'
Left-arm fast bowler Mills, who is aiming to build up his fitness ahead of England's international summer and Sussex's T20 Blast campaign, is poised to play for Suffolk for the first time in five years.
Suffolk squad: Jaik Mickleburgh, Jed Cawkwell, Adam Ball, Darren Batch, Ben Shepperson, Kyran Young, Adam Mansfield (capt & WK), Tom Rash, Tymal Mills, Billy Moulton-Day, James Poulson, Jake Wakelin, Jake Foley
Norfolk squad: Sam Arthurton, Stephen Marillier, Jason Reynolds, Rob Taylor, Lewis Denmark, Matt Plater, Ashley Watson (C), Ben France, Ben Coote, Brett Stolworthy, Ryan Findlay, Sam Groves (WK)