Norfolk freestyle skier takes shot at Winter Olympics success
- Credit: Archant
A freestyle skier from Norfolk is to take his first shot at Olympic success this morning in Beijing.
Will Feneley, from Shereford near Fakenham, will compete in the men's moguls in the first qualification round at the 2022 winter games in Beijing.
The skier, who trained at Norfolk Snowsports Club, is competing in his first Olympics.
Mr Feneley, 22, started skiing at the age of six on a family ski trip to Tremblant, Canada.
After catching the skiing bug, he joined Norfolk Snowsports Club, in Trowse, and went on to develop his talents before starting mogul skiing at the age of 14.
He was selected to join the British national squad in 2017 after doing well in a series of competitions.
Mogul skiing involves racing down a steep hill while performing technical turns and aerial manoeuvres.
He will compete today at 11.45am.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 2 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 3 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 4 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 7 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
The Beijing Winter Olympics begins on Friday, February 4 and will finish on February 20.
It is the first time a city has held both summer and winter Olympic games.