Norfolk Seniors bring successful season to a close
Norfolk Seniors rounded off a successful season with an 11½-6½ friendly defeat against Leicestershire Seniors at a well-presented Bawburgh Golf Club.
In the morning greensomes Norfolk had solid wins from Tony Ralton and Adrian Myhill and county president Graham Turner and Rob Webb.
The fourballs were a different kettle of fish, with Leicester running out comfortable 8-4 winners.
Graham Turner, Robb Webb, Harvey Scott and Ian Hogg were all unbeaten on the day.
The Seniors then pitched up at Sheringham for their annual end-of-season get-together. The course, as always, was in excellent condition and in light winds provided a tough test. Harvey Scott (King's Lynn) ran out winner with an excellent 37 Stableford points, closely followed by Tony Richards (Sheringham), David Pattrick (Royal Cromer) and Tony Ralton (Sheringham).
You may also want to watch:
Captain Doug Gilchrist made a presentation to long-time county stalwart Malcolm Carr who is stepping down as seniors' organiser after excellent service.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 10 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?