Norfolk Seniors bring successful season to a close
Norfolk Seniors rounded off a successful season with an 11½-6½ friendly defeat against Leicestershire Seniors at a well-presented Bawburgh Golf Club.
In the morning greensomes Norfolk had solid wins from Tony Ralton and Adrian Myhill and county president Graham Turner and Rob Webb.
The fourballs were a different kettle of fish, with Leicester running out comfortable 8-4 winners.
Graham Turner, Robb Webb, Harvey Scott and Ian Hogg were all unbeaten on the day.
The Seniors then pitched up at Sheringham for their annual end-of-season get-together. The course, as always, was in excellent condition and in light winds provided a tough test. Harvey Scott (King's Lynn) ran out winner with an excellent 37 Stableford points, closely followed by Tony Richards (Sheringham), David Pattrick (Royal Cromer) and Tony Ralton (Sheringham).
You may also want to watch:
Captain Doug Gilchrist made a presentation to long-time county stalwart Malcolm Carr who is stepping down as seniors' organiser after excellent service.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 6 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 9 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 10 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall