Norfolk Senior Cup semi-final: Thetford Town 9, Norwich St Johns 0
Thetford Town reached their first major final in 21 years with an emphatic win over Norwich St Johns in the Norfolk Senior Cup semi-final.
In blustery conditions Town started well and on seven minutes were awarded a penalty which was well saved by the keeper.
From the resulting corner the ball fell to Harley who made no mistake from 12 yards.
Town were in control for long periods but on 15 minutes a St John corner saw a header well saved by Ian Fancett.
Town increased their lead on 20 minutes when a Dixon pass found Harley whose first time shot beat the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Joseph had to be replaced by Davies who made an early mark with Town's third goal; good play on the left saw a pass to Davies who brought the ball down and fired passed the keeper. St Johns could just not compete with towns play.
Town scored a fourth in the opening minutes of the second half when Harley was brought down in the area and Dixon made no mistake this time by firing into the roof of the net with a good strike.
- 1 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 2 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 5 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 6 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 7 Former village pub for sale as home
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 10 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
St Johns had some moments but Fancett did well to deny them a goal.
Mann then made if five with a volley which the keeper could not hold.
It was all Town now and Dixon (two), Davies and Tavares made it nine in the closing minutes to see them through to Carrow Road on Monday, May 14.
• Thetford: Fancett, Joseph (Davies), Howard, Carter, Bailey, Bolton (Tavares), O'Donnell, Cusack, Morphew, Dixon, Harley (Mann)