Norfolk Senior Cup final recap: Downham Town 2 Norwich United 4
- Credit: Archant
The floodlights were back on at Carrow Road this evening, for this season's Norfolk Senior Cup final, and we were there to bring you all the updates.
Downham Town take on Norwich United in a 7.30pm kick-off, with both teams going into the final in very differing moods.
Norwich were relegated from step four of the non-league pyramid following a 6-3 defeat at Chesham on Saturday, coming back from 3-0 down to equalise, only to slip to defeat and lose their Bostik League Division One North status.
The Planters had won the Eastern Counties title twice before taking the step up, finishing ninth in their first campaign at that level but falling short this season.
The Blofield-based side have been runners-up four times previously, last reaching the final in 2016, when they were beaten 2-0 by Dereham Town – although they did win the trophy twice in the 1980s in their previous guise as Poringland.
Whereas Downham, who plays two levels lower in the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties First Division, are unbeaten in seven games, winning five of that run.
You may also want to watch:
The west Norfolk side are set to finish in mid-table at that level but have previously won the senior cup twice, in the 1960s, when they were also runners-up twice.
• Follow updates above from around 7pm
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?