Norfolk Senior Cup & Anglian Combination: Lowthorpe is Blofield hero in late drama
The Norfolk Senior Cup third round clash between Anglian Combination high flyers Acle and Blofield lived up to its match of the day billing with an incredible finish at Bridewell Lane.
The Premier Division's top two were locked at 2-2 with two minutes remaining after Darren Cockrill's 86th minute equaliser for Acle.
That had put the hosts in the ascendancy and on 88 minutes they were awarded a penalty, but Adam Hipperson smashed his shot against the crossbar. From the resulting clearance, Troy Lowthorpe fired the winner for Blofield to send them into the last 16.
Harry Maddison had earlier given Acle the lead, before Blofield hit back with goals from Daniel McKail and Damian Didwell.
Anglian Combination Division One Caister beat Premier Division strugglers Sheringham 5-2, with doubles from Danny Heller and Garrett Ward. Kieran Hack was also on target for Caister, while Benjamin Price and Matt Edgar were Sheringham's scorers.
You may also want to watch:
Cromer eased past Stalham 3-0 with goals from Matthew Eves, David Matthews and Dale Wilton.
Reepham were 4-3 winners against St Andrews in an all-Premier Division clash.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 7 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 10 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
Robert Dodd, Ashley Dearing, Stephen Drake and Colin Emberley scored for Reepham, with Glen Spooner (2) and John Muir replying for St Andrews.
Daniel Brown and Jason Armes each bagged a brace to hand Spixworth a 4-3 triumph against Wymondham. Chris Priest, Robert Browne and Philip Mercer were Wymondham's scorers.
Dersingham and Loddon face a replay after a 1-1 draw on Saturday.
In the two all-Thurlow Nunn League First Division encounters, there were victories for Great Yarmouth and Downham.
Yarmouth beat Fakenham thanks to second half strikes from Joel Watts, Mitch Forbes and Tom Markham, while Ashley Jarvis netted for Fakenham.
Sam Hanslip's spectacular long range volley proved a worthy winner for Downham at Swaffham, who had captain Dean Miller sent off in the second half.
In the Anglian Combination Premier Division, Beccles thrashed Wroxham Reserves 6-2, with Anthony Martin scoring twice.
Thomas Roberts, Neil Hurren, Jason Wright and Harry Booker were also on target for Beccles, while former Norwich City striker Chris Sutton found the net for Wroxham, along with Payton Swatman.
Craig Bedingfield scored twice in Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves' 3-1 victory over Hempnall, while there were also doubles for Mattishall's Jake Anema and Duncan Hewitt in a 5-0 mauling of bottom side North Walsham.
In Division One, the top four – Corton, Norwich CEYMS, Long Stratton and Poringland Wanderers – all won.