Anglian Combination round-up: Hindringham see off St Andrews in Norfolk Senior Cup first round
- Credit: Archant
The first round of the Norfolk Senior Cup took centre stage this week with Hindringham causing a surprise as they beat St Andrews 3-1.
The Anglian Combination Division One side eased past their Premier Division opponents thanks to goals from Darren West, Josh Clark and Ben Watts. Fionn Goodwin-Wright replied for the Saints.
A Ryan Swift double helped UEA hammer Reepham Town 5-0 whilst Archie Galley and Dale Wilton got the goals as Sheringham beat North Walsham 2-1 to advance into the second round.
Isaac Mace bagged a brace in Blofield United's 4-3 win over Stalham Town whilst goals from Luke Thacker, Javier Cano and Ricky Forder helped Acle beat Aylsham 3-2.
George Barnden got two in Caister's 3-2 win over Norwich CEYMS and Connor Carey and Brad Hunt got the goals in Scole United's 2-0 win over Bradenham Wanderers. Ian Fancett and James Walton goals helped Mundford to a 2-1 win over Watton United.
You may also want to watch:
In the league Mattishall are up to second in the Premier Division after a 3-0 win at Long Stratton. Xavier Huckle, Logan Copsey and Harry Gagen got the goals.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp